inspiration
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Happy Baby
For the past week or so we've been using techniques from this amazing book / video called the Happiest Baby on the Block. While we haven't actually surveyed our block to determine where Sophia ranks in terms of comparative happiness, I think we can say it's been a nice improvement and has some great tools for calming her. One technique is loud white noise (the volume of a vacuum cleaner or hair dryer). We got an audio track of "Rain on the Roof" designed to calm babies, and have put it on repeat while she sleeps or when we're trying to calm her down. She loves it. I just added up the iTunes playcount of how many times we've played this 20 minute track and it's been over 450 times, for a total of 150 hours of listening to rain. While it has a nice calming effect for Sophia, I'm getting pretty tired of listening to it rain, all day, all night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you have come upon something that works for getting more sleep!:) Just think, you are hearing it rain all the time and still no frizzy hair, no leaky roof, no humidity, no flooding,... ! That's a good thing:)
But I can understand how it could wear on ya.
Is Mom getting more zzzzs along with baby? I hope so:)
Love and Hugs,
Grammy
Laugh! We got the "Happiest Baby on the Block" Soundtrack from the library and it has several different tracks of whitenoise but the only one Brock and I can stand is the rain so we've been listenign to it rain every night too. The other tracks are a blow dryer and various womb noises but listening to a blow dryer for 14 minutes just about does us in. razy.
ha, we got that same CD, also from the library, you're right, the other tracks are unbearable, the rain track is the only one that works for her and us.
Post a Comment